Friday, May 14, 2010

My first day @ work!

Amidst the heat and sweat of the Bombay BSTs, was a creaseless forehead; busy writing his incomplete hindi notes, trying to cushion the jerks with the thigh reflex. I looked closer to see, smartly he avoided the straight lines that guide the devnagiri. I get up from my regular nap, I find him babbling to his mom with hyper-animated hands. Mom dint seem to care too much. He tries again, amused by the locals passing under the bridge he is driving on. I initially thought he was babbling as some kind of a tantrum, but with a few more turns and troughs en route back home, I learnt that he is a partially deaf and dumb kid and is excited for he stood first in his final exams. It hit me when I was babbling to myself, cribbing about the heat, my fate to travel in the bus and the tyre hump under my feet. Now, I have a lump up my throat, looking at this happy kid jiving his way out of the bus... I feel green right now but I guess I'm ready for the drill.

1 comment:

  1. Such examples generally go unnoticed :) Feels nice you did and it feels even nicer to read it the way you've penned it down :)

    ReplyDelete